Thursday, April 7, 2011

Whose sides are you on?

Ha! this is my first post errbody ;) and I'd like to give some personal thoughts about just the exact previous post. Yes it is, Lads, it is about EARTH HOUR.
First off, let me give you guys some brief description about how mad I was when I wrote this post. See, I was just surfing the net (like usual, lol) until I found this:

"Climate-change deniers are like the person who goes to the doctor for a diagnosis, and when the doctor tells him, ‘If you don’t stop smoking, there is a 90 percent chance you will die of lung cancer,’ the patient replies: ‘Oh, doctor, you mean you are not 100 percent sure? Then I will keep on smoking.’
Thomas L. Friedman. Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why We Need A Green Revolution and How It Can Renew America.


It speaks for itself. Oh how true these deniers are, and yet so pathetic. of course of course, this is just a quote, which could be imaginative one. but, for me this seems real. For that I am sure, there's a lot of people out there who just don't care about the existence of our lovely place to live; Earth.
Not to mention, I see a lot of hate against Earth Hour. And I don’t get it.
People are like - What’s the point? Alright, I’ll turn my light off. My friends will turn their lights off. My neighbors will turn their lights off. But what’s the point, if everyone else in my town during this hour has lights, TV, computer, toaster and other electronics on?
The answer is simple - Earth Hour isn’t about saving the energy. Well, it is, kind of. But that’s not the main reason. You obviously can’t save energy by turning your lights off for one hour, once a year. But by doing this, you’ll show your support against Global Warming!
And that what it’s about! It’s about either you want Global Warming to stop or not. It’s about showing your support. It means that you care for your planet. And that what’s important. Remember that.
P.S. If you don’t know what Earth Hour is, and how do you participate - go here
P.S #2 for those who still don't believe global warming is happening... gosh, go check whether you brain is still inside your head or not. which I doubt if it is still there.

Before you leave, (in accordance with the title above) ask yourself this question first; Whose side are you on?


written peacefully by Kartika Dwi Baswara
no hard feelings, yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment